Thursday, October 27, 2011

City of Zion

I remember as a primary girl learning about Enoch and his city, "And I the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them."  I grew to love Enoch and admire him for his great empathy. One of the stories that still brings tears to my eyes is when Enoch was visitng with the Lord I'll let Enoch share his story:

"And after Zion was taken up into heaven, Enoch beheld and lo all the nations of the earth were before him; and there came generation upon generation; and Enoch was high and lifted up even in the bosom of the Father and the Son of Man; and behold the power of Satan was upon all the face of the earth.  And he saw angels descending out of heaven; and he heard a loud voice saying:  Wo,Wo  be unto the inhabitantsof the earth.  And behold Satan; and he had a great chain in his hand, and it veiled the whole face of the earth with darkness; and he looked up and laughed, and his angels rejoiced.
And Enoch beheld angels descending out of heaven, bearing testimony of the Father and the Son; and the Holy Ghost fell on many and they were caught up by the powers of heaven into Zion.
And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept; and Enoch bore record of it saying:  How is it that the heavens weep and shed forth their tears as the rain upon the mountains?  And Enoch said unto the Lord; How is it that thou canst weep seeing thou art holy, and from all eternity to all eternity...how is it thou canst weep?
The Lord said unto Enoch; Behold these thy brethern; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden gave I unto man his agency; and unto thy brethern have said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that the should choose me, their Father; but behold they are without affection and they hate their own blood....
Enoch knew and looked upon their wickedness and their misery and wept  and stretched forth his arms and his heart swelled wide as eternity and his bowels yearned and all eternity shook..."

I have had many instances where my heart swelled as I looked upon the wickedness and misery of some of my brothers and sisters.
If you haven't noticed I love music; it speaks to my soul. As a child I learned the words to this song that ties in beautifully with Enoch's story..







Zions Theme

One night I dreamed a dream; I saw a noble city
With those who were so pure and of one mind and heart
Oh what joy, Peace and love filled the souls of Zion
At dawn when I awoke I looked around with longing.
And lo beauty was there I felt the joy and light
Then I knew and the dream burst forth and was Zion.


It is my heartfelt prayer that all may come to know and feel the joy and light which comes with finding your own personal Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment