Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lost Love

Since I have been non-weight bearing I would flip thru the channels of the television to see if anything sounded interesting to watch.  One day as I was channel surfing a documentary on suicide caught my attention.  I was not surprised but I was very sad that the one thing all the suicide victims shared was, "I just want to be loved."  Wheels started turning in my mind hence, lost love:

In todays fast paced technological world it is so heartbreaking to see so many searching for someone to love and to lift tired hands. 
Buried deep within our souls is a longing for a love which we knew so long ago.  A love that was pure and unconditional.  How our hearts yearn for that lost love.
Elder Groberg gave a powerful talk about the power of pure love.  A comment he made that vibrated within my soul was, "True love can lift you from the very depths of your deepest despair."
I have had multiple witness's to the truthfulness of those words as I have struggled with some of my most difficult challenges.  I have felt the power of love for a loved one bring one back from their heavenly home to their earthly abode.  I have had two near death experiences where I returned for a brief moment to my heavenly home.  As I expressed my desire to stay, a loved one would point and ask, "what about him?"  I found myself looking to see who they were pointing at and I would see my husband.  My heart went out to him and a surge of love filled my entire being and I knew that it was not time for me to leave him behind. 
Sadly, there are many in their great despair who feel they were left behind.  They find themselves in such a hopeless state that they cannot even see the One who loves them the most.  In their small dark world there is no one willing or able to feed them.

"So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter,
Simon, son of Jonas,
Lovest thou me more than these?
He saith unto Him, Yea Lord;
thou knowest that I love thee.
He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
He saith to him again, the second time,
Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?
He saith unto Him, Yea Lord;
thou knowest that I love thee.
He saith unto him, Feed my sheep
He saith unto him the third time,
Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?
Peter was grieved because He said unto him the third time
Lovest thou me?
And he said unto Him,
Lord thou knowest all things;
Thou knowest that I love thee
Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep

May we be so willing to show our love for our Savior and reach out our hand to those in such great distress and "Feed His Sheep."


No comments:

Post a Comment