Thursday, December 1, 2011

Because I Have Been Given Much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ra23Nv6s9Vs




This morning as I was sitting in the temple, this thought came into my mind, 
"Because I have been given much I too must give." 
My mind then started running thru pictures of those whose lives have touched mine and how my love for them had touched them. 

 The first memory was a conversation I had with a dear friend, who was feeling abandoned and forsaken.  As I listened to him talk I reached for his hand and said, "My friend, you are never alone.  
You are surrounded by loved ones and even when they are not close by you are still loved and will never be left alone."  We both shared some special tears and our bond grew stronger. 

 "Because I have been given much I too must give;
Because of thy great bounty Lord each day I live
 I shall divide my gifts with thee
with every brother that I see
 who has the need of help from me."

The second memory that played in my mind was the special love shared as I helped feed my special friends who needed assistance and the love and gratitude that radiated from their eyes as I visited with them as I fed them.
 "Because I have been sheltered fed by thy good care,
I cannot see another's lack and I not share.  
My glowing fire, my loaf of bread,
 my roofs safe shelter overhead,
 that he to may be comforted."

The final memory that played in my mind was the radiant smiles and out stretched hands that reach out to me when they hear my voice saying, "good morning."
They know that they are loved by me and because I have loved them first they love me in return.

I have had the sacred honor of being there when they are preparing to leave this mortal tabernacle behind and return home to their loved ones and Heavenly Parents.
Though it breaks my heart to see them go there is a great peace that fills my soul in knowing that we shall meet again and the love we shared here will continue on there.
 Never to be parted again.

"Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I'll share thy love again according to they word. 
I shall give love to those in need;
I'll show that love by word and deed: 
 Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed."

No comments:

Post a Comment