Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lost but not Forsaken

Over the last few months I have been struggling with a severe cloud of gloom which has been hanging over my head.  It seemed that no matter where I tried to hide this cloud of gloom would find me and linger.
I am sure all have had those moments when they felt they had been forsaken by all, including their God.
During one of my most desperate moments as I was searching for peace and some type of hope, I stumbled across a verse of scripture that truly spoke to my soul:

"O God, where art thou?  
And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?
How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, 
yea thy pure eye behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, 
and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?
Yea, O Lord, how long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful oppressions, 
before thine heart shall be softened toward them, 
and thy bowels be moved with compassion towards them?
O Lord God Almighty, maker of the heaven, earth and seas, 
and of all things that in them are,
and who controllest and subjectest the devil, 
and the dark dominion of Sheol---
stretch forth thy hand; let thy pavilion be taken up;
let thy hiding place no longer be covered;
let thine ear be inclined; let thine heart be softened, 
and thy bowels moved with compassion towards us...
My (child) peace be unto thy soul, 
thine adversity and thine afflictions 
shall be but a small moment;
And then, if thou endure it well, 
God shall exalt thee on high...
Thy friends do stand by thee, 
and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.
Thou art no yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, 
neither charge thee with transgressions as they did Job.
And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, 
or into the hands of murderers 
and the sentence of death passed upon thee;
if the billowing surge conspire against thee;
if fierce winds become thine enemy;
if the heavens gather blackness 
and all the elements combine to hedge up the way;
and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee,
know thou my (child) that all these things shall give thee experience, 
and shall be for thy good.
The Son of Man hath descended below them all.
Art thou greater then He?
Therefore hold on the way....Thy days are known,
and thy years shall be numbered less;
therefore fear not what man can do,
or God shall be with you forever and ever."

1998 was the first year those words
 spoke to my troubled soul.  
Today they once again spoke to my troubled soul and again for my witness I found friends old and new with outstretched hands and warm hearts
 reassuring me they would be right by my side 
willing and able to do whatever they could
 to try and lighten this burden 
that has been weighing on my troubled soul.


And then this great peace started welling deep within my soul and radiating into my entire being,
which spoke to my heart and reassured me that just as He had been there for me in 1998, He would continue to be beside me forever and ever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment