Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Here We Come A Caroling





Anyone who knows me knows how much I love this time of year, especially Christmas.
I love all the Christmas songs, the one that pay tribute to the Savior, "Oh Holy Night, Silent night, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Little Drummer Boy," my list could on and on.  I even love the fun Christmas songs, like "Frosty the Snowman, Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Deck the Halls, Oh Christmas Tree" to name a few once again this list could go on and on.
I was raised in a little gold mining town in Nevada and each and every Christmas my parents and I along with some close friends would make up some goodie baskets and we would go a caroling all over town intermixing our Christmas songs starting with the fun ones and always ending with one which payed homage to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
It was a magical time that I shall never forget.
Since I have lived in Idaho I have never participated in that type of activity until tonight.
I have been attending church in a small town in Nevada about 20 miles from our home with a true blue friend.  Well tonight was the night this small group of eight souls with about six kids made up some cookie plates and we went a "Christmas Caroling."  
We started out with the fun songs and then my friend suggested we should start mixing in some songs which paid homage to our Lord and King.
Funny thing happened, while practicing in the car we knew all the verses to "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" but when the door opened and we began to sing, the words left our minds and we started la la la-ing.  We started laughing so hard we were in tears.

At another house we decided to sing Frosty the Snowman and once again in the middle of Frosty my friend and I started singing about Rudolph's red nose while the rest of the group was singing about Frosty; Again we were rolling on the ground with laughter.
Once we contained our laughter my friend turned and looked at me and simply said, 
"Isn't this best Christmas memories we are creating tonight."  I had to agree.
Tonight is a memory that we shall always carry within out hearts.
But the coolest thing was the smiles that radiated from the doorways of the those who were the recipient's of our caroling. 
This time of year is truly a "Magical time of year."
May we all feel of its magic is my hope and prayer and may we truly feel the true spirit of this wonderous season, for He truly is the reason for the season. 


O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine! 
Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, 
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming,
Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land.
The King of kings lay thus lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friends.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend!
Behold your King! Before him lowly bend! 
Truly He taught us to love one another, 
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother.
And in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
With all our hearts we praise His holy name.
Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we,
His power and glory ever more proclaim!
His power and glory ever more proclaim!


No comments:

Post a Comment