Sunday, March 31, 2013

Each Life That Touches Ours

Inspirational, Life, Memories Quotes

Over this past week I have been finding my mind flooded with good memories of antics and laughter that my friends and I have shared over our years together.
It all started when one of my friends called me to catch up and update me on what was going on in her life.  As she was talking, I found my mind drifting to the wintry weekend she and I drove up to Sun Valley for the day.  I asked her if she remembered that day.  She started laughing and our minds were filled with the fun that we had that day.
We had planned on having dinner at "The Mint" Actor Bruce Willis's place because we had read that he was in town and he and his band would be performing there.
We sat down at the bar trying to look cool and as we looked around , we could not help but snicker to ourselves at the sight that lay before us.  Here we were dressed in Jeans and flannel surrounded by people in Black tie.  As our laughter grew we glanced over the menu and were shocked at the prices of the food.
Just as we were recovering from our shock we noticed a server going by with a little splotch of something in the center of the plate.  At that moment we decided to take our leave and went down to the local pizza parlor where we had a great pizza dinner.
After that memory faded we both agreed that we would have to make another Sun Valley trip.

A couple days later I received a text message from my adopted little brother.  He and his family were spending the day in Boise and it reminded him of the day him and I took a road trip to Boise and my navigational skills got us lost.  I remember we stopped at Old Navy and I bought this horrendous pair of plaid shorts.  I have never seen a kid laugh so hard but I loved the colors of those shorts and now looking back I was quite comical in those shorts.  I met this young man during my second time trying to pass College Algebra.  He became my math tutor.  His home life was dysfunctional, so he spent a lot of time with my mother and I.  He is such an example to me.  He is to me a poster child of overcoming all odds and succeeding.  He is a man of integrity and honesty.  I am honored to have him be my adopted little brother.

Another good memory that flooded my mind was the time my friend Joseph was attempting to teach me how to play tennis.  He just did not believe that every racket I had owned had a hole in the center.
With spring upon us I pass by the very tennis courts and see instructors teaching groups how to play tennis.  
My friend Joseph is a serious tennis player, me as usual I am the tennis clown.  We spent more time laughing at my crazy antics in trying to hit the ball then we did actually playing.





Speaking of sports clown , brings me to another memory where my Bosnian friend decided her and I needed to get into shape, so she talked me into a weight class.  I was totally the comic relief of the weight room.
I was sitting on an over sized medicine ball watching her lift a bar bell I believe, I'm still not sure what happened but the next thing I know I have rolled off the ball onto my back with young weight trainers running to my rescue.  My friend and I were laughing so hard we both had tears rolling down our faces.  Needless to say I was not the one doing a lot of heavy lifting during our weight training days.

Another comic relief moment came when my true blue friend had this fabulous idea of taking me snow skiing.  Now mind you in all the years I have lived in Idaho I had not one time went snow skiing.  I was a hit.
We spent five minutes on the bunny hill and then she felt I was ready for the big leagues.  Oh my goodness what a day that was.
Her and I laughed so hard our stomachs hurt but it was not only us; each and every time I pulled one of my antics I noticed two skiers passing by and they too shared in our laughter.  As we were leaving these two experienced skiers were up above us in the chair lift and shouted down to us, "Hey comic relief, come back anytime!"  I was a star of the slopes.
As those wonderful memories have played out in my mind the words of a song started playing also:

"Each life that touches ours for good 
reflects thine own great mercy Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above 
Thru word and deeds of those who love."

I believe those memories I cherish so dearly are because of those great friends that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with whose great deeds have bonded us with love.
May we each cherish those whose lives touches ours with laughter and our greatest joys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment