Thursday, April 18, 2013

Holy Cow Cake



Made this cake today for  a dinner I was in charge off, due to my lateness of getting the boxed cake mix in the oven I was only able to do the caramel topping and can of sweetened condensed milk.  As soon as I pulled the cake out of the oven I poured the caramel mixture over the top and tipped the pan all around to get that caramel all over the cake and then I crushed up some butterfingers and placed them on top of the hot cake and let the chocolate melt onto the cake.
When I served it at the dinner it was a smash.  The cake was moist all the way through to the bottom of the pan and the melted chocolate of the butterfingers made a perfect topping.
From here on out that is all I am going to do.  I am not even going to add the cool whip and cream cheese.

If you decide to add the cool whip and cream cheese let me know how yours turns out.

One last thought ENJOY:)


Chocolate Cake Mix (your preference), baked as directed
1-14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. jar of caramel topping
4-5 Butterfingers candy bars, crushed
1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. Cool Whip


Prepare and bake cake as directed on package

Meanwhile, blend caramel and sweetened condensed milk.

After removing cake from oven, use a skewer or fork to poke holes into the top of the cake.

Pour caramel mixture over cake.

Crush candy bars and sprinkle half of them over the warm cake. Chill.

Stir cream cheese and Cool Whip together until blended well. Spread over cooled cake.

Sprinkle with remaining candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment