Thursday, June 20, 2013

Do You Believe in Angels?


This past Saturday I attended a "Patio candle holder in a Vintage Jar" class.  It has been quite a few years since I've attempted anything crafty.
I really enjoyed the class.
Our teacher was vibrant with no guile.    I really really liked her.
As we were preparing our wire she was just chattering away about various topics when suddenly she looked around and simply stated, "I love Angels, I see them all around."  She then looked directly at me and asked,
"Lorie, do you believe in Angels?"  I found myself deep in thought of my own personal angels and simply nodded my head yes.
She then went on and talked about how her "angels" had guided and helped her through her life.  I found myself reflecting on how "angels" had guided me.
When I was a little girl I had an imaginary friend; He was kind and I felt a strong bond with him.  He was the best playmate.

As I have grown older I have come to the realization that my childhood friend was my brother Virgil.
I never knew Virgil in this life because he passed away when he was eight years of age.  Many years ago.
He was my first angel
During my teenage years as I struggled to find out who I was and where I was going my Grandma Myrtle would come and comfort me and wipe away my tears.
Oh how I have grown to love my Grandma Myrtle.
Again she had passed away at the young age of 23 years before I was even born.
She has been my second angel.

As I was leaving my teen years and approaching adulthood I felt my Uncle Fred's words of wisdom keeping me safe.  Now Uncle Fred I knew and loved in this life but he passed away when I was nine or ten years of age.

As a young bride I found myself following my husband on an icy road and trying to keep up with him.  Needless to say, he stayed on the road but I found myself sliding off the road and hitting a burrow pit sideways.  As I felt my car rolling I felt arms locking around me keeping me safe in my seat.
My head hit something and I blacked out but when I came to I found myself sitting out in the middle of this farmers field as if I had just drove my car out there.
My luggage on the other hand, was strewn through the field.
Not sure who that angel was that day but he saved my life.


When we lost our first baby as I was coming out of the anesthesia I found myself coming to fighting and screaming.  I had no idea where I was or what had happened.  My last memory being of yelling at the Er nurse, "I'm dying and your not doing a darn thing to save me!"
A hand reached out and patted my hand and I heard "Shhh, your okay."  I immediately calmed down and went back to sleep.
The next day when I asked for the nurse that had been in my room at that time so I could thank her I was told that no one had been in my room at that time.

I could go on and on about my angels; some I know and some I don't know but the one thing they all have in common is keeping me safe from harm and letting me know how loved I am.
To her question once again, "Lorie, do you believe in Angels?"
Yes, I believe in Angels with all my heart and soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment