"Alzheimer's care is a round-the-clock job. When you offer to help an Alzheimer's caregiver, be specific — and gently persistent.By Mayo Clinic staff
- "I'm going to the grocery store. What can I pick up for you?"
- "I've got a couple of hours free tomorrow afternoon. May I sit in for you while you run a few errands or take some time for yourself?"
- "I doubled my meatloaf recipe so that I could share it with you. I brought enough to last you for several meals."
- "Do you need some laundry done? I can pick it up today and bring it back clean tomorrow."
- "Does your yard need to be mowed? I'd be happy to take care of it this weekend."