Monday, December 30, 2013

"Your Not Alone"


Another LDS Songwriter I love is Micheal McLean.  Brother McLean suffers from depression, a fact that I just recently learned.  All I know is that the lyrics of his songs are so very powerful and uplifting.  When I'm feeling down I love to listen to the words of this song he wrote entitled, "Your Not Alone:" 

"Here’s a little song, to help you get along.  It will see you thru, when you’re feeling blue.  And though it’s not profound, when you’re feeling down somehow, sing this little tune and you’ll feel better soon.

You’re not alone
Even though right now you’re on your own
You are loved in ways that can’t be shown
You’re not alone

And when you cry, you’re just letting go heartache deep inside.  So tomorrow there will be sunshiny skies and love close by.

You’re not alone

And I know that it’s not easy; but I know that it won’t last.  There is one who loves you more than me, he’s sending blessings fast.

You’re not alone
Say it one more time
I’m not alone

And even when it’s hard to find the words, you’re prayers are heard.

You’re not alone"



How Firm A Foundation

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed
For I am thy God and I will still give thee aid
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee and cause thee to stand…
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot desert to his foes
That soul, though hell should endeavor to shake
I’ll never forsake thee
No never forsake.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment