Thursday, May 1, 2014
With the ever shifting values and attitudes "wrong is right." It has brought one of my favorite passages of scriptures to mind: "I the Lord God am the same yesterday today and forever" and another one:
"Thou the world shall pass away my word shall never pass away."
I find it sad that so many are changing their minds and "loosening" up on the commandments or other words spoken by their Lord and God; Because the majority says, "It is the right thing to do." So hence it must be the right thing to do.
Just a few weeks ago in one of our sessions of General Conference one of the Brethren related a story about a valiant young woman who was standing by what she had been taught and how her friends heckled her because the "world is changing, so hence it is okay to change with it."
Yes, the world is changing but yet each and every day when I'm reflecting about a verse or passage in scripture there has not been one prophet that has said, "It's okay to change the commandments of God." Instead they warn us that "the Lord is the same yesterday today and forever and thou the world shall pass away my words shall never pass away."
We are the ones that change and unfortunately with some of those changes find ourselves with a huge gap between us and our creator and then we wonder where our Lord God has went.
I guess that's why this talk at the General Women's meeting by Linda K Burton the General Relief Society Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints spoke to me personally:
"...Imagine with me some of the possible spiritual "Help Wanted" signs related to the work of salvation:
1. Help wanted: parents to bring up their children in light and truth.
2. Help wanted: daughters and sons, sisters and brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and true friends to serve as mentors and offer helping hands along the covenant path.
3. Help wanted: those who listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and act on impressions received.
4. Help wanted: those who live the gospel daily in small and simple ways.
5. Help Wanted: family history and temple workers to link families eternally.
6. Help wanted: Missionaries and good members to spread the "good news"--the gospel of Jesus Christ
7. Help wanted: Rescuers to find those who have lost their way
8. Help wanted: covenant keepers to stand firm for truth and light
9. Help wanted: true disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Years ago, Elder M Russell Ballard issued a clarion call to the sisters of the church when he said:
"Between now and the day the Lord comes again, He needs women in every family, in every ward, in every community, in every nation who will step forward in righteousness and say by their words and their actions, 'Here I am, send me.'
My question, 'Will you be one of those women?'
I hope each of us can answer with a resounding "Yes!"...As true disciples, may we offer our willing hearts and our helping hands to hasten His work..."
It is my hope that all Christian women will step forward in righteousness and say by their words and actions,
"Here I am Send ME!!"
May we be the valiant women that our Lord and God created us to be. After all,
"Wrong will never be right and right will never be wrong."