Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Our Divine Nature

With Mother's Day fast approaching I have found myself reflecting on my mother, my grand mothers, my aunts and cousins many who are on the other side of the veil and how blessed I have been because of their knowledge and total awareness of their divine natures.

During this period of reflection I found myself searching for a devotional message I heard months ago by Elder Pace.  It originally aired in 2010.
In his devotional Elder Pace was talking about the Divine Nature and Destiny of Women

In one section of his thoughts, he talked about the creation of Mother Eve and his words struck me:

"...Milton goes on to suggest that God delayed the introduction of Eve 
until Adam could fully appreciate her.
Seeing that Adam is now ready for the introduction of Eve,
God describes what is going to happen next.
I love Milton's description of what Eve would mean to Adam:

What next I bring shall please thee,
be assur'd, thy likeness, thy fit help, thy other self,
thy wish exactly to thy hearts desire.

"Thy fit help?"  No, this doesn't mean she would be in good shape.
It means she would be a match, a complement, a counterpart, 
even his "other self."
Finally, Eve stood before him, and she exceeded his highest expectations.
He has never seen anything like her in the garden.
Milton continues:

Under his forming hands a creature grew,
Manlike, but different sex, so lovely so fair,
That what seem'd fair in all the world, seem'd now
Mean, or in her summ'd up, in her contain'd,
And in her looks, which from that time infus'd
Sweetness into my heart, unfelt before.

I hope Milton will forgive me for adding my opinion that "sweetness" 
Adam felt, which was "unfelt before," was much more than that
which was generated by Eve's physical appearance.
Those feelings flowing into him had as their source her wellspring.
His feelings were the direct result of standing in front of one of the daughters
of heavenly parents who had a divine nature different from,
but complementary to, his own divine nature."

I am surrounded by heart broken friends who feel they are "nothing and nobody."
I believe they have been saturated by the worlds view of beauty.
Again I would like to share some of Elder Pace's Thoughts:

"The world we live in has gone awry with its focus on the physical,
the vital areas of intellectual, emotional and spiritual union are not being placed
in an environment where they can flourish and grow.
Our current society is so obsessed with "making love"
that they are not developing a complete relationship that would
enable them to "express love...
Sisters, keep in mind anything that detracts from your divine nature should be avoided.
You live in a time when you have more opportunities and options available to you
than any other women have had through-out the history of mankind.
Some of these options will complement your God-given natures.
Others will chip away at it.
Some things will make you strong.
Others will make you hard.
Some will increase your spiritual sensitivity.
Others will separate you from the Spirit."

Toward the end of his remarks he shared this Quaker proverb:

 "Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we'll both ascend together."

He then asked this profound question:  "What will happen when we finally "ascend together?"

He then quoted this verse from one of my families favorite hymns, "Oh My Father:"

"When I leave this frail existence
When I lay this mortal by
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then, at length when I've completed
All you sent me here to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you."

He then closed with this powerful testimony that sank deep within my heart:

"Sisters, I testify that when you stand in front of your heavenly parents in those royal courts on high and look into her eyes and behold Her countenance,
any question you ever had about the role of women in the kingdom 
will evaporate into the rich celestial air, 
because at that moment you will see standing directly inf front of you,
your divine nature and destiny."

I believe with all my heart that the reasons his parting words rang deep within my soul was because as a child growing up I had been surrounded by women who knew their divine nature and destiny
 ie my mother, my aunts, my grand-mas, my female cousins and life long friends who have molded and continue to mold me into the woman I have become and the woman I hope to be.

Oh how my heart longs for the day when I shall not only be in the presence of my loved ones but I shall be in the presence of my Heavenly Parents and once again bask in the warmth of  their eternal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment