Friday, November 25, 2022

Blessed are the Cargivers

 

I am so blessed to have amazing friends that fill my heart with great joy and peace.  Yesterday I got to spend a few hours with such friends who have been caregivers for their elderly relatives since the first day I met them.  So, I wasn't surprised when they shared with me they were bringing their elderly mother into their home to take care of her.  Incredible love for this beautiful couple filled my soul as I shared with them there were great blessing in store for them.

A total stranger on a FB post had shared how she was caring for her elderly mother.  As I read her post that same radiating love filled my soul as I assured her great blessings were in store.  

I am so grateful that my dearest friends are some of those few who chose to take care of their elderly parents by bringing them into their home.  I am also blessed to have colleagues that fill my heart with joy as I witness them showering our adopted grandmas and grandpas with their unconditional love.

As I was reflecting on them a poem started flowing into my mind.  My way of sharing with them how amazing they are and how grateful I am to have them as friends.

Still needs some work but I love the message.



In the premortal existence before we were all born, our Eternal Father in Heaven called a meeting with a special few.

You are preparing for a mortal journey where you will start young and then you will grow old.  Some will have their minds begin to fade, others will have many aches and pains and there will be some who will face diseases that will eat at their good health; and so my dear children when that day comes what suggest you on how to care for them?

A vibrant discussion soon ensued where many ideas and suggestions were then shared.  But in the back of the room stood a quiet few who silently observed.

Noting their silence our great Father fastened his gaze upon them and asked, “What say ye dear children who silently observe?”  Nervous to answer one finally spoke:

“Our Holy Father here is our desire, let us your silent few take them and care for them when that day arrives.  All we ask of you is that you grant us the strength and courage to stay by their side and let our hearts be filled with love and patience as we witness their decline.”

Pleased with their humble answer our Father then declared, “Blessed art thou and how great shall be your joy when you return to your Heavenly Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment