Tuesday, October 3, 2023

"Think Celestial"

 I recently listened to Presidents Nelsons Conference message where he has asked us Latter-Day Saints to "Think Celestial."   Me being me I was inspired and grateful for his inspired words but as I was scrolling through my FB feed I found posts where his inspired words had angered many and made them feel even more isolated and left out of the kingdom.  My heart was saddened as I read their bitter words.  

Unlike them in my dark days of inactivity I had no contact with the church and I never remember my family and I listening to or watching general conference, so them watching general conference each year was an interesting tidbit for me.

As I was reading their frustrations at the truthfulness of his words I found myself checking boxes:

1,  I'm married to a person who does not share my beliefs

2.  I walked away from the church for 20 some years

3.  I was raised in part member family

4.  I have been hurt by members

5.  I have felt that my Father in Heaven had let me down

Then I found myself thinking "Celestial."  

1.  The Savior himself stated, "anger and contention are from the devil"

2.  The Lord does not take away our agency we choose which kingdom we want to be associated with

3.  The Lord does not tear families apart

4.  The Lord will not allow His prophets to lead us astray

5.  The Lord never walks away from us.  We walk away from Him

My heart aches for these individuals who are making their choices and then blaming the brethren or Heavenly Father for their situation.  I for many years blamed the Lord for my situation.

I can honestly say that I found myself in the gaping mouth of hell for a period of my life where I had no hope and found myself filled with despair.  But even when I was in that dark hopeless relm my Heavenly Father sent me a life line which put me on the path back to Him.

One vivid memory I have is a near death experience I had in which I panicked because I was in no way  shape or form ready to return to my heavenly home.  But then something wonderful happened.  I found myself surrounded by loved ones who informed me that I needed to "go back."  I didn't not want to come back but wanted to stay there with them because of the love I felt there.  But as you can see I came back.  During that period I was nowhere near a "think Celestial" person but yet here I was still loved with a celestial love.

Many years later I had an experience that totally changed my life and I found myself walking on the Covenant Path and thinking "Celestial" many years before President Nelson's invitation.

As I stated before I was part of a part member family but due to my choice and my inactive popper's choice, I am now sealed to that family who is now no longer a part member but all in Celestial family that is truly when my vision changed to Celestial.

A few years ago I wanted out of my marriage due to the difficulty of me being me and my husband being him and not understanding our differences along with other issues.  The Spirit had other ideas and through conference talks I was told to stay and work on my marriage and as I followed the brethren and the whisperings of the Spirit we are doing better and better each day.  I am still very active and he is still very not interested.  But the Spirit has changed my perception and continues to guide me through conference talks and his whispers.

I have sat in meetings where I felt totally isolated and out of place due to I did not fit in the mold of those surrounding me but as I have listened to the counsel of the brethren and the Spirit I have learned and I have found comfort and reassurance that there are many mansions in our Father's kingdom and He has one for me as long as I stay on the Covenant path.

One of the lessons I have learned over the years is that I am responsible for which kingdom I choose to reside and in order to obtain that kingdom I must stay true to the covenants I have made and even though I have chosen to "think Celestial" and my spouse has not, I have chosen to place my faith in my Father in Heaven because just as I am a beloved daughter of His, my spouse is a beloved Son and our Father in Heaven loves him just as much as He loves me and he like me will have the opportunity of choosing where he would like to reside.

How grateful I am that no one can ever out run the reach of our Heavenly Father's loving arms.  All we have to do is to chose Him and amazing blessings follow.  I hope those bitter brothers and sisters in time, will come to know their eternal value to their Heavenly Father and of His great love for them.  If they would choose Him, He would heal them and they would come to find that He is the greatest counselor who utilizes His chosen Seers to educate and bless us.  He is not a God of contention and anger.  He is a God of pure love and peace and if you trust in Him amazing blessings follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment